Movie Review: The Woman in Black #2

Sunday 26 April 2015




Movie Details:
Title: The Woman In Black: Angel of Death
Release Date: 2nd January 2015
Cast: Phoebe Fox, Jeremy Irvine, Helen McCrory, Adriam Rawlins, Leanne Best, Ned Dennehy 
Rating: 1/5

I was looking forward to watching this film, especially since the first one was quite good. When I watched it my reaction went from being excited to watch this to being bored out of my wits. This actually was a waste of my 98 mins. 


This movie was not horror at all, all the scenes were foreshadowing what was likely to happen next, so it didn't leave me on the edge of my seat like I wanted it to but instead I knew what was happening next. This is one of the worst horror movies I have ever watched, I was very disappointed with this movie

This movie is very closely related to the first one in which Daniel Radcliffe starred in, watching the first one was very refreshing it was something different, in the horror film industry there is so much you can do before all the plots are eventually more or less the same. Also, one main comparison about this movie is the woman appearing in this movie looks very similar to the one in the Insidious series, the eerie shadowy figures.

I don't really know any of these actors, so it was all new faces to me. There isn't much adult acting as there is children, since in this film its a group of children who one by one end up dying thanks to the old Woman. The main characters seem to focus on Eve and Edward, Eve because she gave up her baby when she was younger, therefore the old Woman haunts her, no idea why Edward maybe because he is mute? Or just generally anyway.

For any horror movie, it is always going to be sad and depressing. The filmmakers tried their best to allude mystery and horror, however despite their best efforts the audience fails to get scared.

I did quite like the music and sound in this film, I felt like they went really well with the scenes. The eeriness, quietness, the building of suspense, the tension of what is going to happen next did well in this movie, but again since it is so similar to the first movie I was hardly scared. 

There really isn't much more I can comment on this, all I can say is that I share the sentiment with the other critics, I really should have read the reviews before watching and I will start to do that before watching any movies. 

Have you ever watched a movie where it felt like it was a waste of your time? Let me know in the comments below!

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.